How to borrow a laptop
Six Dell laptops are available on four-hour loan at the Service Desk on the Ground Floor of the OISE Library.
- Current OISE degree students, OISE staff, and OISE faculty can borrow a laptop at the Service Desk on the Ground Floor of the Library using their TCard.
- Library laptops are available on a first-come first-served basis – they cannot be booked in advance.
- For special equipment bookings, please use the online Education Commons booking form.
Length of loan period
- Four hours, no renewals
- Laptops must be returned to the Service Desk a minimum of 15 minutes before the Library closes -- please see Library Hours.
Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word 2010, Microsoft Excel 2012, Microsoft Outlook 2010, Microsoft Powerpoint 2010, Microsoft Access 2012, Write-N-Cite, Kurzweil text-to-speech software, and Beyond 20/20
All personal information (passwords, saved documents, etc.) are automatically cleared once you log off the laptops. Please note that documents will not be saved to the laptop so you must remember to save your work before logging off.
Patrons will be billed 50 cents per hour for overdue laptops. Future laptop loan privileges may also be revoked.
Loss and damage
- Patrons will be billed a replacement fee of $1900 for a lost laptop.
- Patrons will be billed for any costs incurred to have damaged laptops repaired.