The OISE Library Student Advisory Committee will provide a venue for open conversations about the OISE Library. The Committee will facilitate direct communication between OISE students, the Director of the OISE Library, and OISE Library staff, and will invite students to share suggestions and get involved in the decision making processes that will help to shape and improve the Library's programs, services, resources, and facilities.
The OISE Library is strongly committed to diversity. The OISE Library Student Advisory Committee is intended to reflect the various opinions and concerns of the entire OISE student body regarding the Library. Therefore, the Committee should be comprised of a diverse group of students who can help to make the Library a more inclusive and accessible place.
The OISE Library encourages participation on the Advisory Commitee by racialized persons / persons of colour, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, international students, persons who identify as LGBTQ2SIA+, and others who will contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
- The Committee will include between 6 and 15 OISE students.
- Students will be appointed for a one-year term, starting in October.
- Members may be re-appointed.
OISE Student members
- Liujia Tian, LHAE, MEd program
- Kate Reid, CTL, PhD program
- Mani Azimzadeh, SJE, MEd program
- Arielle Baker, APHD, MA CSE program
- Danielle Cantave, SJE, Centre de recherches en éducation franco-ontarienne, PhD program
- Paula Elias, LHAE, PhD program
- Jason Singh, LHAE, MEd program
- Ashleigh Woodward, CTL, MA program
OISE Library Staff
- OISE Library Director: Monique Flaccavento
- OISE librarian: Desmond Wong
- OISE Graduate Student Library Assistant: Emily Kim, iSchool, MI program
Application to Participate
- Students who are interested in participating on the Committee will be asked to submit a brief statement of interest.
- Students will be appointed, whenever possible, according to the guidelines in the draft Terms of Reference (below).
- The Committee will meet at least twice in the fall and twice in the winter terms.
- The first meeting will be held Thursday October 26th at 4:15.
- Other meeting dates will be selected by Committee members during the October 26th meeting.
- Arrangements can be made for members to attend remotely.
Students who participate in the OISE Library Student Advisory Committee and attend at least three of the four meetings will be eligible for Co-Curricular Record (CCR) credit.
Minutes will be posted following each meeting - see the bottom of the page.
The Annual Report of the OISE Library Student Advisory Committee will be made openly available.