Ground Floor booking
The Ground Floor of the OISE Library may be booked for academic, OISE-sponsored events such as conferences, talks, and panel discussions. The space can accommodate up to 140 people for seated lectures or 250 standing.
Step 1: Are you eligible?
- Eligible events will have minimum sound levels during Library hours. Only events scheduled after Library hours may include music, films, etc.
- Events must be academic in nature (e.g. conferences, research fairs, etc.) Social events will only be eligible as an adjunct to a specific academic event. For example, a reception connected to a symposium using the space would be approved; a departmental party would not.
- Space may not be booked for regularly scheduled classes or meetings.
- Only OISE-sponsored events will be approved. OISE sponsored events must:
- be for the OISE community
- be coordinated by staff or faculty from an OISE department
- be attended by at least one coordinator from the sponsoring OISE department
- provide OISE departmental CC and FC numbers
Step 2: Review Library events policy
To ensure that your event is eligible and complies with Library policies, review the Ground Floor booking policy.
Step 3: View booking schedule
To ensure the Library is available on the day of your event, view the Library events schedule.
Step 4: Print floor plan
You must return the furniture to its standard configuration using the OISE Library floor plan (PDF) as soon as your event is over.
Step 5: Fill out the Ground Floor Booking Request Form
When you're ready to proceed, make your request via the online booking form.