The OISE Library collections are open to the public.
Alumni of the University of Toronto must purchase a library card in order to continue to borrow library materials. Please see Borrowing cards for alumni and visitors for information about the different types of alumni borrowing cards available and costs.
OISE Alumni Reader card
Only graduates of OISE and the Faculty of Education at the University of Toronto (FEUT) degree programs are eligible to purchase the OISE Alumni Research Reader card. This card must be purchased at the OISE Library Service Desk. You may continue to use your TCard or visit the Robarts Reader Registration Desk to have a new alumni card issued.
- $200 annually
- borrow from most University of Toronto libraries
- borrow from the OISE Curriculum Resources collection, a collection normally restricted to current OISE students, staff, and faculty
- borrow up to 50 items at a time
- 14 day loan period, plus two renewals
- place holds on items which are checked out
- photocopy, print and scan in the library using your TCard / Alumni card
- Robarts Library book stacks access
- book study rooms on the Mezzanine level of the OISE library
- request items from other University of Toronto campuses
- request items from other institutions through interlibrary library loan (RACER) ($30 per request)
We're here to help. If you have any questions about the library, our resources, or our services, please contact us.