The OISE librarians are experienced in providing support for your teaching goals. We are happy to meet with you to design one or more in-person or online library workshops to support the specific research needs of your students. We offer a range of synchronous and asynchronous instruction to support students in the critical information literacy skills they'll need to be successful in your course and in their programs.
To request a customized online or in-person session for your course, please contact Emily Hector. Some common library session topics include:
- Searching the library’s print and online resources strategically and efficiently
- Developing comprehensive, critical literature search skills
- Using RefWorks or Zotero to manage citations and create bibliographies
We have also developed a suite of asynchronous information literacy supports for your students, including:
- Self-paced library research modules customized by OISE department
- Education-focused research guides
- A selection of short video tutorials
The OISE Library can help compile your course materials by:
- Making course readings available on course reserve or in your course shell
- Checking your syllabus for copyright compliance
- Reserving a film for your class
- Placing print items on course reserve
We are your partners in research excellence at the University of Toronto. As researchers ourselves, we can work with you at all stages of your research lifecycle. We can help you acquire items for the library collection, negotiate your rights as an author, preserve and disseminate your research outputs and data, and determine the impact of your publications.
The OISE Library team can help you with:
- Acquiring a title for the library’s collection
- Preserving and disseminating your research outputs on TSpace, the University's Open Access Repository
- Supporting your research data management strategy
- Complying with funding agencies' open access requirements
- Negotiating your rights as an author with your publishers
- Determining the impact of your publications
OISE librarians also offer one-on-one and small group research consultations. Research consultations are intended for in-depth research assistance including designing a literature search strategy, getting started on a knowledge synthesis project, or discussing any of the items listed above.
- Click here to Book a Research Consultation