Technologies on loan at the OISE Library
- 10 Dell laptops
- 8 mobile device chargers
- 3 mobile device wall charger and cable sets
- 2 sets of headphones
- 3 Macbook power adapters (1x Magsafe 2, 2x USB-C)
- 2 Mac VGA adapters
- 2 PC VGA to HDMI adapters
Length of technology loans period
- Current UofT students, staff, and faculty can borrow technology loans at the Service Desk on the Ground Floor of the Library using their TCard.
- Technology loans are available on at a first-come, first served basis. Items cannot be booked in advance. Loans are five hours, no renewals.
- Items must be returned to the Service Desk a minimum of 15 minutes before the Library closes -- please see Library Hours.
Overdue technology loans
- Patrons will be billed $0.50 per hour for overdue technology loans. Future technology loan privileges may also be revoked.
Ten Dell laptops are available on five-hour loan at the Service Desk on the Ground Floor of the OISE Library.
- Library laptops are available on a first-come first-served basis – they cannot be booked in advance.
Laptop software includes:
Adobe Reader, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote), Kurzweil text-to-speech software, and Dragon NaturallySpeaking.
For information about Kurzweil and Dragon NaturallySpeaking, please contact Accessibility Services to speak with an adaptive technology specialist.
Your personal information:
All personal information (passwords, saved documents, etc.) is automatically cleared once you log off the laptops. Please note that documents will not be saved to the laptop so you must remember to save your work before logging off.
Laptop loss and damage:
- Patrons will be billed a replacement fee for a lost laptop.
- Patrons will be billed for any costs incurred to have damaged laptops repaired.
Mobile device chargers
- The OISE Library has portable mobile device chargers compatible with both Apple or Android devices.
- Patrons will be billed a replacement fee of $80.00 for a lost mobile device chargers.